Violent becomings [electronic resource] : state formation, sociality, and power in Mozambique / Bjorn Enge Bertelsen
- Bertelsen, Bjørn Enge
- New York : Berghahn, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxv, 332 pages :) : illustrations, maps
- Ethnography, theory, experiment ; v. 4
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- Machine generated contents note: ch. 1 Violence. War, State, and Anthropology in Mozambique -- ch. 2 Territory. Spatio-Historical Approaches to State Formation -- ch. 3 Spirit. Chiefly Authority, Soil, and Medium -- ch. 4 Body. Illness, Memory, and the Dynamics of Healing -- ch. 5 Sovereignty. The Mozambican President and the Ordering of Sorcery -- ch. 6 Economy. Substance, Production, and Accumulation -- ch. 7 Law. Political Authority and Multiple Sovereignties.
- 9781785332364 (hardback : alk. paper), 1785332368, 9781785332937 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 1785332937
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 271-310) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 27978134