What politics? : youth and political engagement in Africa / edited by Elina Oinas, Henri Onodera, Leena Suurpaa
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxi, 345 pages .).
- Additional Creators:
- Oinas, Elina, 1968-, Onodera, Henri, and Suurpää, Leena
- www.jstor.org , Open Access
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- Evasive youth, oblique politics / Elina Oinas, Henri Onodera and Leena Suurpaa -- Part 1. Envisioning -- A question of power / Danai S Mupotsa -- On friendship and youth activism in pre-revolutionary Egypt / Henri Onodera -- Respectful resistance. Young musicians and the unfinished revolution in Tunisia / Sofia Laine, Leena Suurpaa and Afifa Ltifi -- Egyptian youth-led civil society organizations: alternative spaces for civic engagement? / Ehaab D. Abdou McGill and Loubna H. Skalli -- Taking the forbidden space -- graffiti and resistance in Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia / Mulumebet Zenebe -- Post-revolutionary Tunisian youth art: the effect of contestation on the democratization of art production and consumption / Mounir Saidani -- Part 2. Entitlement -- The politics of inclusion and exclusion in urban Burkina Faso / Jesper Bjarnesen -- Hustling for rights: political engagements with sand in northern Kenya / Nanna Jordt Jorgensen -- "Acholi youth are lost": young, Christian and (a)political in Uganda / Henni Alava -- Struggling for new communicative spaces: young media producers and politics in the Republic of Benin / Tilo Gratz -- Transnational engagement: return migrant women in Somaliland / Mariko Sato -- Part 3. Embeddedness -- Salafi youth on campus in Niamey, Niger: moral motives, political ends / Abdoulaye Sounaye -- Patronage and ethnicity amongst politically active young Kenyans / Eija Ranta -- Political violence in Zimbabwe's National Youth Service, 2001-2007 / Ivo Mhike -- Students' participation in and contribution to political and social change in Ethiopia / Abebaw Yirga Adamu and Randi Ronning Balsvik -- Child participation in Ghana: responsibilities and rights / Þora Bjornsdottir and Jonina Einarsdottir -- Diaspora as a multilevel political space for young Somalis / Paivi Armila, Marko Kananen and Tiina Sotkasiira -- Addressing sexual violence in South Africa: 'gender activism in the making' / Claudia Mitchell, Naydene de Lange and Relebohile Moletsane.
- 9789004322448 (hardback ; alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 27978243