Global sport business : managing resources and opportunities / edited by Brenda G. Pitts and James J. Zhang
- London ; New York : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2019.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- ix, 316 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Pitts, Brenda G. and Zhang, James J.
- Managing resources and opportunities in globalized sport business -- Role of state funding in participation of Croatian athletes at major sports events -- Developing a demand model to estimate attendance at an individual NBA game from related-game attributes -- Sport and physical activity human resources in Spain: a managerial perspective -- Relationships between standard sports facilities and elite sport development in taekwondo -- Public relations network, absorptive capacity and achievement level of traditional soccer schools -- Soccer feasibility study: assessment, value, and demand: a traditional approach -- A resource-based view of Bayi Fubang Rockets -- Managing the business of soccer: a conceptual framework -- A symbiosis analysis of stakeholder relationships in the Chinese professional football league -- Customer loyalty in fitness centers: differences among baby boomers and generations X, Y, and Z -- Analyzing the marketing situation of the Chinese table tennis super league -- Examining the limits and opportunities of innovations in sport management practice -- Conceptual distinctions in general and local sponsorship objectives: a qualitative inquiry -- ISO 20121 & Theory U: a new way to manage sporting events.
- "In the global sport business industry, growth and development within and across various sport businesses are essential for competitive advantage. This fascinating collection of papers examines how the development and management of resources and opportunities in sport business is vital to success. Commissioned by the World Association for Sport Management (WASM) and featuring global perspectives from leading international scholars and original research data drawn from both qualitative and quantitative inquiry, the book presents cases as diverse as customer demand in the NBA, sport and physical activity human resources in Spain and stakeholder relationships in Chinese football. Presented in three parts (global perspectives, managing resources and managing opportunities), Global Sport Business examines key research and practical issues in sport business management and marketing studies in both global and local contexts. This is an important read for professors, scholars, and students in sport business management, a useful resource for sport business management professionals and practitioners, and illuminating reading for anyone with an interest in sport management"--
- 9780367132880 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 27978687