Game of privilege : an African American history of golf / Lane Demas
- Demas, Lane
- Chapel Hill : The University of North Carolina Press, 
[Getzville, New York] : William S. Hein & Company, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xvii, 363 pages).
- HeinOnline UNC Press Law Publications: ezaccess.libraries.psu.edu
- Real democracy is found on the links: African Americans and the origins of golf in the United States -- One hears of Negro country clubs: golfing the Great Migration and Harlem Renaissance -- Our masters: the development of the United Golfers Association -- I will take your own golf stick and wham the world: golf and the postwar civil rights movement -- Guns in their golf bags: Black power on the links -- Thai people don't get hate mail: race and golf in the age of Tiger Woods.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 274-342) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 27980770