Core entrustable professional activities for entering residency : curriculum developers' guide / Association of American Medical Colleges
- Washington, D.C. : Association of American Medical Colleges, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (v, 61 pages) : color illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Association of American Medical Colleges
- Gather a history and perform a physical examination -- Prioritize a differential diagnosis following a clinical encounter -- Recommend and interpret common diagnostic and screening tests -- Enter and discuss orders and prescriptions -- Document a clinical encounter in the patient record -- Provide an oral presentation of a clinical encounter -- Form clinical questions and retrieve evidence to advance patient care -- Give or receive a patient handover to transition care responsibility -- Collaborate as a member of an interprofessional team -- Recognize a patient requiring urgent or emergent care and initiate evaluation and management -- Obtain informed consent for tests and/or procedures -- Perform general procedures of a physician -- Identify system failures and contribute to a culture of safety and improvement.
- "This landmark publication published by the AAMC identifies a list of integrated activities to be expected of all M.D. graduates making the transition from medical school to residency. This guide delineates 13 Entrustable professional activities (EPAs) that all entering residents should be expected to perform on day 1 of residency without direct supervision regardless of specialty choice. The Core EPAs for entering residency are designed to be a subset of all of the graduation requirements of a medical school. Individual schools may have additional mission-specific graduation requirements, and specialties may have specific EPAs that would be required after the student has made the specialty decision but before residency matriculation. The Core EPAs may also be foundational to an EPA for any practicing physician or for specialty-specific EPAs"--Publisher's description.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 27981672