- Philosophische Analyse ; Bd. 11
- Language Note:
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- Title; Contents; INTRODUCTION; LARS GUSTAFSSON Absurd Claims; HERBERT HOCHBERG Relations, Properties and Particulars; IGNACIO ANGELELLI PREDICATION THEORY: CLASSICAL VS MODERN; FRED WILSON Bareness, as in '"Bare" Particulars': Its Ubiquity; D.W. MERTZ Objects as Hierarchical Structures: A Comprehensive Ontology; ERWIN TEGTMEIER The Ontological Problem of Order; INGVAR JOHANSSON On the Transitivity of the Parthood Relations; CHRISTIAN KANZIAN Warum es die Früher-Später Beziehung nicht gibt1; KÄTHE TRETTIN Tropes and Relations; Benjamin Schnieder ONCE MORE: BRADLEYAN REGRESSES.
- Interest in the age-old problems of universals and individuation has received a new impetus from the current revival of ontology in the analytic tradition, the development of theories of individual properties (and the related application of mereological calculi to the analysis of predication), and the particular problems posed by relational predication and the nature of particulars. The essays explore aspects of the history of the issues and attempt to deal with the issues and with challenges to the distinctions that give rise to them. They continue the debates stemming from the revival of met.
- 9783110326857 (e-book)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 27981900