- Studies in manuscript cultures ; volume 7
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- Exploring paratexts in Old Mande manuscripts / Darya Ogorodnikova -- Locating Tai Lü and Tai Khün manuscripts in space and time through colophons / Apiradee Techasiriwan -- Certain times in uncertain places : a study on scribal colophons of manuscripts written in Tamil and Tamilian Grantha scripts / Giovanni Ciotti and Marco Franceschini -- Looking inside the cover : reconstructing space and time in some Donglin manuscripts / Hang Lin -- 'Traces in red' : Chinese book collectors' seals as a means to track the transmission history of a manuscript / Max Jakob Fölster -- 'When the living envied the dead' : Church Slavonic paratexts and the apocalyptic framework of Monk Isaija's colophon (1371) / Kristina Nikolovska -- Locating Greek manuscripts through paratexts : examples from the library of Cardinal Bessarion and other manuscript collections / Vito Lorusso -- Travelling books : changes of ownership and location in Ethiopian manuscript culture / Stéphane Ancel.
- As records of the link between a manuscript and the texts it contains, paratexts document many aspects of a manuscript's life: production, transmission, usage, and reception. Comprehensive studies of paratexts are still rare in the field of manuscript studies, and the universal categories of time and space are used to create a common frame for research and comparisons. Contributions in this volume span over three continents and one millennium.
- 9783110479010 (PDF)
9783110473148 (hardcover ; acid-free paper)
3110473143 (hardcover ; acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 27982188