The St. Martin's guide to writing / Rise B. Axelrod, University of California, Riverside, Charles R. Cooper, University of California, San Diego
- Axelrod, Rise B.
- Additional Titles:
- Saint Martin's guide to writing
- Boston : Bedford/St. Martins, 
- Copyright Date:
- Short twelfth edition.
- Physical Description:
- xxxiv, 650, A-2, I-20 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Cooper, Charles Raymond, 1934-
- Composing literacy -- pt. I. Writing activities: Remembering an event -- Writing profiles -- Explaining a concept -- Analyzing and synthesizing opposing arguments -- Arguing a position -- Proposing a solution -- Justifying an evaluation -- Arguing for causes or effects -- Analyzing stories -- pt. II. Critical thinking strategies: A catalog of invention and inquiry strategies -- A catalog of reading strategies -- pt. III. Writing strategies: Cueing the reader -- Narrating and describing -- Defining, classifying, and comparing -- Arguing -- pt. IV. Research strategies: Planning and conducting research -- Selecting and evaluating sources -- Using sources to support your ideas -- Citing and documenting sources in MLA style -- Citing and documenting sources in APA style -- pt. V. Composing strategies for college and beyond: Analyzing and composing multimodal texts -- Taking essay examinations -- Creating a portfolio -- Writing in business and scientific genres -- Writing for and about your community -- Writing collaboratively.
- Includes indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 27985127