A Review of Swedish Bearing Steel Manufacturing and Quality Assurance of Steel Products / Thord I. Johansson, Thore B. Lund, Patrik L. J. ¿̐ưlund
- Conference Author:
- Bearing Steel Technology-Advances and State of the Art in Bearing Steel Quality Assurance: 7th Volume (7th : 2005 : Reno, Nevada)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (13 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- ¿̐ưlund, Patrik L. J.
Johansson, Thord I.
Lund, Thore B.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The Swedish bearing steel industry dates back a century. Already in the early days, Swedish bearing steels were characterized by an exceptionally high quality due to the availability of pure iron ores that made it possible to produce bearing steels by the acid open-hearth processes. Development of the ladle furnace process using inductive stirring made it possible to use the much more flexible and cost effective electric arc melting process. The strive to produce ever better steel products has been strong, driven by increasing demands on final product performance. Developments in steel processing technology, process know-how, and understanding of the complex relationships governing steel cleanliness are worth noting. Methods used have undergone vast improvements in recent times and the development continues. The same situation is valid for the quality assurance methods employed in the manufacturing of steel products.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2007, Issue 1465 (January 2007)
- 9780803162099 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 3.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2007. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27985680