A Review of Ultrahigh Resolution Sizing of Single Droplets by Resonance Light Scattering / TR. Lettieri, WD. Jenkins
- Conference Author:
- Liquid Particle Size Measurement Techniques (1983 : Kansas City, MO)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (11 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Lettieri, TR., Jenkins, WD., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Resonance light scattering as a means for ultrahigh resolution sizing of liquid droplets in the 5 to 50 ¿̐ưm diameter range is reviewed. So far, the technique has been used to make relative size measurements with resolutions of 30 ppm on individual, nonevaporating droplets and 300 ppm on individual, evaporating droplets. The calculated existence of resonances sharper than those observed thus far offers the possibility of size resolutions approaching 0.1 ppm on highly transparent spherical droplets. The paper also reviews the relatively small amount of reported work on resonance light scattering from aerosols and from individual aspheres.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1984, Issue 848 (January 1984)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803149137 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 12.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1984. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27985871