Interlaboratory Comparison of the Thickness of the Destroyed Surface Layer of Closed-cell Foam Insulation Specimens / Therese K. Stovall
- Conference Author:
- Heat-Air-Moisture Transport: Measurements on Building Materials (2006 : Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (6 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Stovall, Therese K.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The preparation of closed-cell foam insulation test specimens can affect the results of a number of hygrothermal property measurements. In particular, the thickness of the destroyed surface layer affects the measurement of gas diffusion coefficients and thermal conductivity. Multiple specimen preparation methods are in use, as well as multiple methods to measure the thickness of the destroyed surface layer. A ruggedness test, including an interlaboratory comparison, was conducted by an ASTM technical committee to examine the variations due to both of these factors. The results are important in understanding the likely range in values for each preparation technique. The results also demonstrate a sensitivity to the measurement technique.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2007, Issue 1495 (January 2007)
- 9780803162433 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 2.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2007. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27985890