Characterization of the Decommissioned Novovoronesh-1 Pressure Vessel Wall Materials by Through-Wall Trepans / MJ. Valo, AD. Amaev, R. Ahlstrand, DA. Chistiakov, E. Krasikov, A. Kryukov, AM. Morosov, VA. Nikolaev, P. Platonov, R. Rintamaa, VV. Rybin, Y. Shtrombakh, K. Wallin
- Conference Author:
- Effects of Radiation on Materials: 19th International Symposium (19th : 1998 : Seattle, Washington)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (20 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Wallin, K., Ahlstrand, R., Amaev, AD., Chistiakov, DA., Krasikov, E., Kryukov, A., Morosov, AM., Nikolaev, VA., Platonov, P., Rintamaa, R., Rybin, VV., Shtrombakh, Y., Valo, MJ., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- Material properties of the Novovoronesh-1 pressure vessel were characterized after 20 years of plant operation. The unit was the first commercial PWR unit in Russia producing 210 MW electric power. It was commissioned in 1964 and shut down in 1984. Wall thickness of the vessel is 120 mm, including 20 mm of cladding. The vessel contained only circumferential welds. The coolant temperature was 250¿̐ưC. Nine through-wall trepans of outer diameter 120 mm were cut out from the vessel both from the weld seams and the base metal forging rings. The trepans were studied by RRC-KI, PROMETEY and VTT. The paper is focusing on the Charpy-V and fracture toughness test data of the critical core weld. Due to the lack of archive material the unirradiated material condition was estimated by a reference annealing procedure.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2000, Issue 1366 (January 2000)
- 9780803154193 (e-ISBN), 9780803128521, and 0803128525
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 5.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2000. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27986071