The Stability of Strain Gage Alloy Wires / Arthur G. Metcalfe
- Conference Author:
- Symposium on Elevated Temperature Strain Gages (1957 : Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (4 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Metcalfe, Arthur G.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Another paper of this volume describes the work of the Armour Research Foundation on the development of iron-chromium-aluminum straingage alloy wires. In conjunction with this development an analysis was made of the causes of instability at high temperatures. This analysis is reported here and is applicable to any base metal alloy undergoing oxidation or to any alloy suffering preferential evaporation of one of the alloying constituents. Other causes of instability might be present such as phase transformations or the solution of one phase in another, but these were eliminated by careful choice of the alloy composition.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1958, Issue 230 (January 1958)
- 9780803159501 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1958. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27986261