Bindings' Release Setting in Alpine Skiing / G. Delouche
- Conference Author:
- Skiing Trauma and Safety: Sixth International Symposium (6th : 1985 : Naeba, Japan)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (10 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Delouche, G., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- This paper presents a synthesis and an evaluation of all the steps leading to the final release setting of alpine skiing boot/binding systems. The study is based on the material presently available and shows the maximum discrepancies that can be expected (1) in choosing the right setting value and (2) in checking the real system. These discrepancies may be 20 to 25%. The paper also contains some proposals on how to reduce the influence of what may be considered as the most influential parameter, mainly the choice of the ¿̐ưability correction factor.¿̐ư Moreover, it shows that the tendency to obtain a greater accuracy for the basic release values is a fallacious one and that we should concentrate instead on an ASTM type evaluation, which is a better indication of the overall ¿̐ưquality¿̐ư of the system.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1987, Issue 938 (January 1987)
- 9780803150034 (e-ISBN), 9780803109360, and 0803109369
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 2.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1987. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27986304