Relevance of Atterberg Limits in Evaluating Piping and Breaching Potential / D. Res¿̐ưndiz
- Conference Author:
- Dispersive Clays, Related Piping, and Erosion in Geotechnical Projects (1976 : Chicago, Ill.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (13 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Res¿̐ưndiz, D.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- In the last ten years, several researchers have contended that methods in use in soil mechanics do not permit identification of so-called dispersive clays, which are highly susceptible to piping and breaching. They also claim that current design criteria are unreliable for preventing piping and breaching in dam embankments and foundations.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1977, Issue 623 (January 1977)
- 9780803146969 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 21.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1977. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27986354