Experiences in Identification and Treatment of Dispersive Clays in Mississippi Dams / P. Forsythe
- Conference Author:
- Dispersive Clays, Related Piping, and Erosion in Geotechnical Projects (1976 : Chicago, Ill.)
- West Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1977.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (21 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Forsythe, P.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Twenty floodwater retarding dams in Mississippi have been treated to protect them from failure due to tunnel erosion. All of these sites developed severe tunneling characteristics of dispersed soils because of extreme rains in 1973, causing rapid acceleration of the probably latent soil condition.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1977, Issue 623 (January 1977)
- 9780803146969 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 10.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1977. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27986359