The Experimental Mechanics of Microcracks / DL. Davidson
- Conference Author:
- Small-Crack Test Methods (1990 : Hilton Palacio del Rio Hotel in San Antonio, TX)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (11 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Davidson, DL.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The experimental mechanics of small cracks require high spatial resolution measurements that are only obtained by using the scanning electron microscope. This paper describes how cyclic loading stages developed for the scanning electron microscope have been used successfully to study growing microcracks, both at ambient and elevated temperatures. In addition, the stereoimaging technique has been used to measure crack-tip parameters that characterize the mechanics and driving force for small fatigue cracks.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1992, Issue 1149 (January 1992)
- 9780803152069 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 22.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1992. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27986583