Hiding Power and Opacity / Roscoe H. Sawyer
- Conference Author:
- Symposium on Color¿̐ưIts Specification and Use in Evaluating the Appearance of Materials (1941 : Washington, D.C.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (14 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Sawyer, Roscoe H.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Thin opaque films such as paint, paper, paper coatings, vitreous enamels, and printing inks, are widely used. Such films usually are composed of finely divided materials dispersed in a relatively transparent medium of considerably different refractive index. The optical properties of these thin films, particularly for white or light colors, have been carefully studied. These important properties are color, opacity to transmitted light, and hiding power or ability to obscure an underlying contrast.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1941, Issue 50 (January 1941)
- 9780803158993 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 20.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1941. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27986728