Flexed-Plate Impact Testing of Polyether Sulphone : Development of a Notched Specimen / S. Turner, PE. Reed
- Conference Author:
- Instrumented Impact Testing of Plastics and Composite Materials (1985 : Houston, Texas)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (16 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Reed, PE.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- In flexed-plate impact tests at room temperature, injection-molded disks of polyether sulphone could not be broken or penetrated by an impactor with an incident energy of 238 J. A central hole 1 mm in diameter was sufficient to embrittle a high proportion of the specimens subjected to the same impact. The failures could be segregated into three classes. A few subsidiary tests on thinned specimens with no hole suggest that in this particular molded form, and under the specific test conditions used, polyether sulphone has a tough-brittle transition within the thickness range of 1.4 to 2.0 mm.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1986, Issue 936 (January 1986)
- 9780803149960 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 7.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1986. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27986801