Instrumented Dart Impact Evaluation of Some Automotive Plastics and Composites / CW. Knakal, DR. Ireland
- Conference Author:
- Instrumented Impact Testing of Plastics and Composite Materials (1985 : Houston, Texas)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (14 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Ireland, DR.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- This paper presents a guide for evaluation and utilization of data provided by the instrumented dart impact test. This guide was developed after evaluating seven different plastics and composites, different probe diameters, impact velocities, and different test temperatures. These were instrumented tests that yielded complete load and absorbed energy profiles as a function of probe penetration distance. A special high-speed video technique was used to develop an understanding of and confidence in interpretation of the major features of the load-deflection profile.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1986, Issue 936 (January 1986)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1986. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27986810