Enhancement of Aflatoxin B1 Hepatocarcinogenesis in Rainbow Trout (Salmo gairdneri) Embryos by Prior Exposure of Gravid Females to Dietary Aroclor 1254 / JD. Hendricks, WT. Stott, TP. Putnam, RO. Sinnhuber
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Gravid female rainbow trout were exposed to dietary Aroclor 1254 [polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB)] for 2 months before spawning in order to deposit PCB in the lipid of the eggs. Levels of PCB in the eggs were measured, effects of PCB on liver tumor incidence initiated by embryo exposure to aflatoxin B1 (AFB1) were noted, and hepatic mixed-function oxidase (MFO) enzyme activities were determined.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1981, Issue 737 (January 1981)
- Environmental impact analysis—Congresses
- Environmental impact analysis
- Water—Pollution—Environmental aspects—Congresses
- Water quality bioassay—Congresses
- Water quality bioassay
- Hazard assessment
- Hepatocellular carcinomas
- Mixed-function oxidase enzymes
- Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs)
- Rainbow trout
- 9780803148031 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 50.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1981. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27986842