Analysis of PWR Pressure Vessel Surveillance Dosimetry with McBend / RM. de Wouters, DJ. Laurent, PJ. D'Hondt
- Conference Author:
- Reactor Dosimetry (1993 : Vail, Colorado)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (9 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- de Wouters, RM., D'Hondt, PJ., Laurent, DJ., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Fast fluences received by four surveillance capsules in two 900-MWe PWR have been calculated with the Monte Carlo transport program MCBEND and compared with values estimated from activation measurements. First comparisons between calculation (C) and experiment (E) gave C/E values equal to 0.98/0.97/0.98/0.90. The original experimental values were based on saturation activation rates obtained from the measured activities and from the reactor power history, assigning at each operation cycle a contribution proportionnal to its time-integrated power production. A revision was then carried out in order to inlcude the effects of the fuel loadings (low leakage or out-in) in the contribution of each cycle. The revised experimental values led to C/E equal to 0.98/1.00/1.00/0.99, thus considerably reducing the scatter, and confirming the suitability of MCBEND to provide an essentially unbiassed approximation of the fast flux at the level of the surveillance capsules.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1994, Issue 1228 (January 1994)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803152816 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 3.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1994. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27987016