Field Measurements of Dynamic Moduli and Poisson's Ratios of Refuse and Underlying Soils at a Landfill Site / HD. Sharma, MT. Dukes, DM. Olsen
- Conference Author:
- Geotechnics of Waste Fills¿̐ưTheory and Practice (1989 : Pittsburgh, PA)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (14 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Dukes, MT., Olsen, DM., Sharma, HD., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- This paper briefly discusses the applicability of laboratory and field test methods commonly used to determine the dynamic moduli and Poisson's ratio of undisturbed soil and rock and soil-rock fill and refuse fill materials. Down-Hole geophysical methods were used to measure dynamic shear and compression wave velocities of municipal refuse fill and the underlying soils at a sanitary landfill. These data are used to compute the in situ elastic and shear moduli and Poisson's ratio of the materials at the landfill site and are compared with values reported in the literature. Finally, conclusions are drawn regarding the use of dynamic moduli and Poisson's ratios obtained with the Down-Hole test method.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1990, Issue 1070 (January 1990)
- Other Subject(s):
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 10.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1990. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27987300