Transient Model of Early Stages in Compartment Fires / H. Takeda
- Conference Author:
- Mathematical Modeling of Fires (1986 : New Orleans, Louisiana)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (14 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Takeda, H.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- A new simple model of fire growth in a compartment is presented in this paper. The early stages in the compartment fires are modeled from the transient analysis of simple heat and mass transfer equations. Flame spread on the compartment floor, fire growth in a compartment and flashover are analyzed. The relationship between flashover time and A?H is investigated mathematically to compare with the experimental results. The purpose of this paper is to make a simple and reliable basis for fire modeling and to develop a user-friendly computer code.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1988, Issue 983 (January 1988)
- 9780803150539 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 14.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1988. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27987517