Structural Performance of Laminated Glass Made with a ¿̐ưStiff¿̐ư Interlayer / SJ. Bennison, CA. Smith, AV. Duser, A. Jagota
- Conference Author:
- The Use of Glass in Buildings (2002 : Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (9 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Smith, CA., Bennison, SJ., Duser, AV., Jagota, A., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The growing demand for laminated glass in building facades and interiors is driving the development of new interlayers that extend the performance of laminated glass. In this contribution we discuss the structural performance of laminates made with such a new interlayer: SentryGlas¿̐ư Plus. This new interlayer is significantly stiffer and tougher than traditional PVBs and provides enhanced structural performance in many applications. The mechanical properties of a stiff interlayer lead to benefits in three main areas: 1) glass strength; 2) stiffness and creep resistance, both before and after glass breakage; 3) temperature performance. Strength benefits are realized in applications where significant bending stresses develop during loading, such as: laminates with two sided support, balustrades (cantilevers), bolted glass and laminates supported on three sides. Enhanced post glass breakage performance expands the design envelope for glass in horizontal and sloped applications such as overhead glazing, glass floors and stairs. All of these structural properties are maintained to higher temperatures as compared to conventional PVB.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2002, Issue 1434 (January 2002)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803154711 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 20.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2002. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27987635