A Similitude Criterion for Fatigue Crack Growth Modeling / D. Broek
- Conference Author:
- Fracture Mechanics: Sixteenth Symposium (16th : 1983 : Columbus, Ohio)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (14 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Broek, D., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- Instead of the stress intensity factor, the crack tip plastic strain range is proposed as a similitude parameter and as a basis for fatigue crack growth analysis. Quantitative analytical evaluation shows that an effective stress intensity that accounts for differences in crack tip plastic strain range can be rationally derived and used to account for the fatigue crack threshold, certain small crack behavior, and retardation.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1985, Issue 868 (January 1985)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 12.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1985. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27987677