Variable Amplitude Loading on a Resonance Test Facility / S. P¿̐ưting, M. Traupe, J. Hug, H. Zenner
- Conference Author:
- Fatigue Testing and Analysis Under Variable Amplitude Loading Conditions (2002 : Tours, France)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (14 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Zenner, H., Hug, J., P¿̐ưting, S., Traupe, M., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The uncertainty in fatigue lifetime calculations brings up the necessity of experimental verification. Several efforts have been undertaken in the past to improve and introduce new test methods. An alternative method for variable amplitude loading using resonance test facilities is introduced and discussed. A comparison of test results on a resonance test facility with a new control system and a servo hydraulic test facility shows no significant difference in the test results. The compatibility of the test results to those results of accepted fatigue life tests is proven for three test series of different specimens. The introduced resonance test control offers a new way for fatigue life tests, reducing the cost and time, as well as increasing the safety of products because it permits testing to much longer lives in a relatively short time.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2005, Issue 1439 (January 2005)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803155039 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 25.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2005. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27987791