High Cycle Fatigue Testing and Analysis Using Car Standard Sequence / F. Morel, N. Ranganathan
- Conference Author:
- Fatigue Testing and Analysis Under Variable Amplitude Loading Conditions (2002 : Tours, France)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (13 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Ranganathan, N., Morel, F., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- An original computer software package for controlling a servo-hydraulic machine was used to carry out uniaxial and biaxial variable amplitude loading tests on a high strength steel. Tension-compression and torsion uniaxial tests, as well as combined proportional tension-torsion tests were performed under the car loading sequence CARLOS used for fatigue strength investigations of car wheel suspension components. The number of sequences to crack nucleation was estimated by means of a crack front marking technique using very small amplitude cycles to generate marker bands on the fracture surface. The experimental data obtained from these tests were compared to the predictions of the fatigue life prediction method proposed by Morel and based on a microplasticity analysis. It was shown that all the predictions, though non-conservative, were within an acceptable scatter band.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2005, Issue 1439 (January 2005)
- 9780803155039 (e-ISBN), 9780803134799, and 0803134797
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 6.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2005. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27987792