Crack Initiation at a Notch under Constant and Selected Variable Amplitude Loading Conditions / N. G¿̐ưrard, R. Leroy, O. Girard, N. Ranganathan
- Conference Author:
- Fatigue Testing and Analysis Under Variable Amplitude Loading Conditions (2002 : Tours, France)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (14 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Ranganathan, N., G¿̐ưrard, N., Girard, O., Leroy, R., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- In a previous study, we showed that crack initiation life at a notch tip can be modeled as the micro crack propagation life from an initial microstructural defect up to a crack size of about 500 ?m. This model is based upon the assumption that short cracks at a notch propagate without any significant closure effects. In our present experimental study, the results of fatigue tests to verify this hypothesis are presented and discussed.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2005, Issue 1439 (January 2005)
- 9780803155039 (e-ISBN), 9780803134799, and 0803134797
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 18.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2005. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27987811