A Fluid Flow Analysis of the Gaseous Impact Test / J. Ducrocq, H. Barthelemy, D. Roy
- Conference Author:
- Flammability and Sensitivity of Materials in Oxygen-Enriched Atmospheres: Ninth Volume (9th : 2000 : Paris, France)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (16 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Roy, D., Barthelemy, H., Ducrocq, J., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The Gaseous Impact Test is simulated using fluid dynamics numerical models. Pressure overshoots observed at Centre de Technologies et d'Expertises are matched by one-dimensional computations. Peak temperatures are evaluated when including irreversible processes. Formation of a temperature gradient within the hot gas plug has been identified and an explanation is provided. The influence of geometrical design parameters is studied. Temperature history requires use of a two-dimensional model for it enables description of vortex-induced mixing as a consequence of the reflected shock bifurcation at the test tube end. A cellular structure is formed in the pressure field. Skin temperature of different wall materials has also been evaluated. Short versus long test tube effects are discussed.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2000, Issue 1395 (January 2000)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803154438 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 14.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2000. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27987818