Metals Flammability : Review and Model Analysis / DB. Wilson, JM. Stoltzfus
- Conference Author:
- Flammability and Sensitivity of Materials in Oxygen-Enriched Atmospheres: Ninth Volume (9th : 2000 : Paris, France)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (28 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Wilson, DB.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- With its founding in 1975, ASTM Committee G-4 embarked on the process of defining the concept of the flammability of metallic materials in oxygen-enriched atmospheres. While joined in this process by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, the National Fire Protection Association, and the Compressed Gas Association, there is yet no explicit definition. However, it is clear that the postignition concept of flammability equates to combustion propagation, synonymous with steady-state burning under specified conditions. In this paper, four models are developed under specified environmental conditions that characterize flammability. Three incorporate the system-independent properties of heat of combustion, burn ratio, thermal conductivity, and flame temperature; four involve the system-dependent properties of promoted combustion, threshold pressure, oxygen index, and burn rate. A model solution, therefore, provides a measure of flammability.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2000, Issue 1395 (January 2000)
- 9780803154438 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 31.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2000. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27987834