Utilization of Electrochemical Impedance Techniques to Estimate Corrosion Damage of Steel Infrastructures / K. Homma, N. Goto, K. Matsuoka, S. Ito
- Conference Author:
- Corrosion Forms and Control for Infrastructure (1991 : San Diego, CA)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (15 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Goto, N., Homma, K., Itō, S. (Satoshi), 1946-, Matsuoka, K., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- Infrastructures such as bridges, highways, pipelines and harbor piers sometimes suffer from corrosion damage during their service life. To diagnose deterioration of infrastructures and secure effective maintenance, in-situ corrosion monitoring methods based on electrochemical impedance techniques have been developed. This paper reports three examples of new corrosion monitoring sensors: 1) a sensor for detecting corrosion of marine steel structures in seawater, 2) a sensor for detecting corrosion of reinforcing bars in concrete, and 3) a sensor for detecting coating deterioration of painted steel structures in the atmosphere. The effectiveness of these sensors has been verified by experiments both in the laboratory and in the field.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1992, Issue 1137 (January 1992)
- 9780803151970 (e-ISBN), 9780803114326, and 080311432X
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 9.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1992. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27988055