Standard Reference Material 2100 : Fracture Toughness of Ceramics / GD. Quinn, K. Xu, R. Gettings, JA. Salem, JJ. Swab
- Conference Author:
- Fatigue and Fracture Mechanics: 32nd Volume (32nd : 2000 : West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (15 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Xu, K., Gettings, R., Quinn, GD., Salem, JA., Swab, JJ., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- New Standard Reference Material (SRM) 2100 is the first reference material in the world for the property fracture toughness for any class material. The SRM is for fracture toughness of ceramics and may be used with any ceramic fracture toughness test method, but is optimized for methods that use beams in bending. The SRM complements the new ASTM Test Method for Determination of Fracture Toughness of Advanced Ceramics at Ambient Temperature (C 1421) as well as three International Standards Organization (ISO) draft standards now under development. This SRM, for which the fracture toughness is known with a high accuracy and high precision, should dramatically improve fracture toughness testing and enhance data quality around the world. This paper describes SRM 2100 and its creation.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2002, Issue 1406 (January 2002)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803154605 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 21.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2002. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27988061