Scanning Atomic-Force Microscopy on Initiation and Growth Behavior of Fatigue Slip-Bands in ?-Brass / Y. Nakai, T. Kusukawa, N. Hayashi
- Conference Author:
- Fatigue and Fracture Mechanics: 32nd Volume (32nd : 2000 : West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (14 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Nakai, Y.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Slip-band formation and fatigue crack-initiation processes in ?-brass were observed by means of atomic force microscopy (AFM), and the effects of the grain size and the stress amplitude were discussed. In a fine grain material, fatigue cracks were initiated only from slip-bands. In a coarse grain material, however, they were initiated either from slip-bands or grain boundaries. The depth of an intrusion drastically increased with its outgrowth to a crack, and with coalescence of cracks, the width of cracks increased rapidly.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2002, Issue 1406 (January 2002)
- 9780803154605 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 21.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2002. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27988076