Stresses in Ceramic Plates Subjected to Loading Between Concentric Rings / LM. Powers, JA. Salem, AS. Weaver
- Conference Author:
- Fracture Resistance Testing of Monolithic and Composite Brittle Materials (2000 : Orlando, Florida)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (16 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Weaver, AS., Powers, LM., Salem, JA., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Plates of both square and round geometries are tested to determine the strength and fatigue properties of ceramics under multiaxial stresses. The necessary tolerances required for accurate testing are not well documented in published literature. The stresses in square and round plates subjected to loading between concentric rings were investigated via the finite element analysis method. In particular, the effects of load ring concentricity and the amount of the plate overhanging the support ring were investigated. Also, the errors generated by testing square plates between circular rings were investigated. The analyses were performed in support of an effort by the American Society for Testing and Materials Committee C28 on Advanced Ceramics to standardized multiaxial testing of ceramic plates.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2002, Issue 1409 (January 2002)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803154612 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 13.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2002. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27988217