Instrumentation of a 50-ft (15.2-m) Deep Braced Excavation / GE. Bauer
- Conference Author:
- Performance Monitoring for Geotechnical Construction (1974 : Washington, D.C.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (26 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Bauer, GE., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- An extensive instrumentation program was carried out over a 6-month period on a 50-ft (15.2-m) deep braced cut in dense sand. The temporary bracing system consisted of interlocking steel sheet piles (Larssen type IIIN), wales, and struts from wide-flange steel sections. The soil consisted of fine, uniformly graded sand with varying relative densities from medium to very dense. The loads of the struts on each side of the center bay for three strut levels were obtained by measuring the strains in the struts with a mechanical dial gage over an 8-in. (20.3-cm) gage length. The reliability and precision of these measurements are discussed.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1975, Issue 584 (January 1975)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803146631 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 7.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1975. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27988538