Comparison of ASTM Specification for Kerosine (D 3699) with Jet A Fuel / JD. Austin
- Conference Author:
- Factors in Using Kerosine Jet Fuel of Reduced Flash Point (1977 : Dallas, Tex.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (3 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Austin, JD., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Technical Division E on Burner, Diesel and Turbine Fuels of ASTM Committee D02 on Petroleum Products and Lubricants developed ASTM Specification for Kerosine (D 3699) for two grades of kerosine suitable for burner applications. No. 1-K is a special low sulfur grade for nonflue-connected appliances and for wick-fed illuminating lamps. No. 2-K is suitable for flue-connected appliances as well as illuminating lamps. The Tech E-I Kerosine Panel designed the No. 2-K specification to maximize conformity with Jet A [ASTM Specification for Aviation Turbine Fuels (D 1655)] and No. 1 Fuel Oil [ASTM Specification for Fuel Oils (D 396)] and to enhance bulk availability as a multipurpose product. A flash point minimum of 38¿̐ưC (100¿̐ưF) is specified even though several states have more restrictive legal requirements. It is estimated that almost all hydrodesulfurized Jet A production would meet the kerosine limits of color, burning quality, corrosion, and viscosity at 40¿̐ưC (104¿̐ưF) while some hydrodesulfurized Jet A would also meet the 0.04 weight percent sulfur limit of No. 1-K kerosine.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1979, Issue 688 (January 1979)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803147553 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1979. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27988582