Serum Protein Carriers of Chromium in Patients with Cobalt-Base Alloy Total Joint Replacement Components / NJ. Hallab, JJ. Jacobs, A. Skipor, J. Black, K. Mikecz, JO. Galante
- Conference Author:
- Cobalt-Base Alloys for Biomedical Applications (1998 : Norfolk, Virginia)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (10 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Black, John, 1931-, Galante, JO., Hallab, NJ., Jacobs, JJ., Mikecz, K., Skipor, A., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- The distribution of chromium (Cr) in fractionated serum was studied from peripheral blood of patients with and without Cr-containing Cobalt-base alloy total joint replacements: 1)10 patients with cobalt-chromium-base alloy prostheses; and 2) 10 age-matched controls without implants. Two molecular weight ranges were found to primarily bind Cr (at ?70 kD and ?140¿̐ư180 kD) in patients with Cobalt-base alloy total joint replacements. This pattern of concentration-dependent metal-protein binding within molecular weight ranges that include immunoglobulins warrants further investigation.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1999, Issue 1365 (January 1999)
- 9780803154094 (e-ISBN), 9780803126084, and 0803126085
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 22.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1999. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27988599