Spectrochemical Determination of Impurities in Uranium Following Solvent Extraction Using Tributyl Phosphate in Methyl Isobutyl Ketone / JG. Chang, RL. Graff
- Conference Author:
- New Analytical Techniques for Trace Constituents of Metallic and Metal-Bearing Ores (1980 : Chicago, Ill.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (7 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Chang, JG., Graff, RL., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Solvent extraction using tributyl phosphate in methyl isobutyl ketone is employed to separate the uranium matrix from the trace impurities originally present in uranium. The impurities are separated quantitatively into the acidic aqueous phase, which may then be analyzed by conventional spectroscopic techniques, including flame and flameless atomic absorption. An effective concentration of impurity levels over those present in the original sample may also be obtained by incorporating the aqueous phase into a gallium nitrate solution, which is converted to a gallium oxide matrix containing the impurities, which are then analyzed by emission spectroscopy. The method provides reasonable precision and accuracy, plus increased sensitivity when the impurities are concentrated in the gallium oxide matrix.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1981, Issue 747 (January 1981)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803148130 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 5.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1981. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27988739