Multielement d-c Plasma Emission Spectrometric Analysis of Steels and Irons / J. Belliveau, H. Griffin, A. Savolainen
- Conference Author:
- New Analytical Techniques for Trace Constituents of Metallic and Metal-Bearing Ores (1980 : Chicago, Ill.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (14 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Belliveau, J.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Simultaneous multielement trace analysis of steel alloys by d-c plasma emission echelle grating spectroscopy (DCP) has been developed using a single-matrix synthetic standard. Emission lines free from spectral interference have been selected by scanning wavelength regions, and their analytical capabilities have been characterized. Background shifts and enhancement effects were overcome by using an iron matrix synthetic standard. Sixteen elements at concentrations of less than 1 weight percent were simultaneously analyzed in up to 60 certified steel alloy samples. The DCP results compared favorably with the certified values and were accurate to within 10 percent for most elements. The precision of the analyses, indicated by the standard deviation of at least four repeat runs, was less than 10 percent.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1981, Issue 747 (January 1981)
- 9780803148130 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 28.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1981. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27988747