Electroforming : Current and Future Requirements of Our Aerospace Industry / K. R. Smith
- Conference Author:
- Symposium on Electroforming¿̐ưApplications, Uses, and Properties of Electroformed Metals (1962 : Dallas, Tex.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (17 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Smith, K. R.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- For almost 100 years the National Academy of Sciences has been serving our national interests in major scientific areas. Through its National Research Council, the Academy has broadened its base to include investigative work in all areas pertaining to both national defense and scientific growth. The Materials Advisory Board, which serves the National Research Council, was established in 1951 to expand the scope of its studies, with particular emphasis on engineering and industrial research. The actual work of the Board is done by committees and panels made up of about 400 members chosen from Government, universities, research groups, and industry. The Panel we are concerned with is the Aerospace Manufacturing Techniques Panel. The Academy has been making studies of manufacturing methods for several years; but it was not until 1960 that the AMT Panel came into full operation. It was formed for one specific purpose¿̐ưto serve the immediate and future requirements of the Aerospace Industry. The scope of the AMT Panel covers requirements for aircraft, missile, and space vehicle manufacturing.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1962, Issue 318 (January 1962)
- 9780803167483 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1962. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27988854