The Barnacle Electrode Method to Determine Diffusible Hydrogen in Steels / David A. Berman, Vinod S. Agarwala
- Conference Author:
- Hydrogen Embrittlement: Prevention and Control (1985 : Los Angeles)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (7 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Berman, David A.
Agarwala, Vinod S.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- An electrochemical method to determine diffusible hydrogen in steels is described. It is a simple but very sensitive device which is capable of measuring hydrogen concentrations of less than 1 weight ppm. The method makes use of nickel/nickel oxide as a polarizing electrode, which is coupled to a hydrogen-containing steel part. The hydrogen is oxidized at the specimen surface, and the current measured is related to the hydrogen concentration. The method demonstrates a high precision in the measurements. It is shown that the measured hydrogen concentration resulting from cadmium plating is a function of specimen bulk. Results from experiments with plated/baked/stressed 300M steel are reviewed.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1988, Issue 962 (January 1988)
- 9780803162396 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 13.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1988. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27988968