Biological Monitoring of the Aquatic Environment / CI. Weber
- Conference Author:
- Biological Methods for the Assessment of Water Quality (1972 : Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (15 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Weber, CI., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access. and Subscription required for access to full text.
- A nation-wide water quality monitoring network was operated from 1957 to 1968 by a central Federal laboratory in Cincinnati. The network was decentralized in 1968, and the responsibility for its operation was transferred to the regional offices of the Federal Water Quality Administration. Following the creation of the Environmental Protection Agency, an Office of Monitoring was established to provide overall technical coordination of the monitoring program and to standardize methodology and maintain quality control of the data. The responsibility for water quality monitoring in the EPA will be shared by the Office of Monitoring, Office of Air and Water Programs, Office of Enforcement and General Counsel, and Office of Research. Four types of monitoring have been identified¿̐ưambient trend monitoring, source monitoring, case preparation monitoring, and research monitoring. The water quality monitoring network of the EPA will consist of 5000 to 10 000 EPA-funded stations and 40 000 to 50 000 stations operated by state and local agencies. The data will be stored in a central EPA computerized system called STORET. The responsibility for quality control and the development, validation and standardization of chemical, microbiological, and biological methodology for water and waste water has been assigned to the Analytical Quality Control Laboratory (AQCL) in Cincinnati.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1973, Issue 528 (January 1973)
- 0803101147, 9780803101142, and 9780803146266 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 51.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition., Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., and Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1973. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27989189