An Eddy Current Technique to Estimate Dimensions of Crevice Corrosion Pits / JA. Baron, DV. Leemans, MP. Dolbey
- Conference Author:
- Corrosion Monitoring in Industrial Plants Using Nondestructive Testing and Electrochemical Methods (1984 : Montreal, Canada)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (14 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Baron, JA., Dolbey, MP., Leemans, DV., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- A model of an eddy current probe in the presence of an open defect, such as an elongated crevice corrosion pit, is developed. Assumptions are made in respect to field shape, field width, and lift-off function, which are then justified using experimental data. The technique generates estimates of both crevice depth and width without resorting to microminiature probes; other methods tend to generate a response to ¿̐ưvolume lost¿̐ư rather than the more important geometrical parameters. The model is tested against experimental data from artificial pits in a zirconium-niobium material in the range 50 to 800 ?m deep, 500 to 2000 ?m wide, and 5 to 20 mm long. The technique is also useful in assessing eddy current probe performance.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1986, Issue 908 (January 1986)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803149748 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 4.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1986. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27989223