Simulation of Fatigue Crack Growth of an Inclined Elliptically Shaped Subsurface Crack in Residual Stress Fields / K. Mayrhofer, FD. Fischer, E. Parteder
- Conference Author:
- Fracture Mechanics: Twenty-Fourth Volume (24th : 1992 : Gatlinburg, Tennessee)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (15 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Mayrhofer, K., Fischer, FD., Parteder, E., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- The influence of a residual stress field on the fatigue crack growth was investigated by a numerical simulation for an inclined elliptically shaped subsurface crack in a half space. The necessary opening mode stress intensity factors Kl caused by the resulting stress field were calculated by means of the singular integral equation method. The crack growth analyses were conducted by the application of linear elastic fracture mechanics using the Paris law relationship between Kl and da/dN.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1994, Issue 1207 (January 1994)
- 9780803152700 (e-ISBN), 9780803119901, and 0803119909
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 33.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1994. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27989287