Optical and Electronic Limitations of the Forward-Scattering Spectrometer Probe / D. Baumgardner, WA. Cooper, JE. Dye
- Conference Author:
- Liquid Particle Size Measurement Techniques: 2nd Volume (2nd : 1988 : Atlanta, GA)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (13 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Baumgardner, D.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- An extensive evaluation of the optical and electronic measurement capabilities of the Particle Measurement Systems, Inc., forward-scattering spectrometer probe (FSSP) has led to a better characterization of this probe's measurement limitations. Measurements of droplet distributions are distorted as a result of mis-sizing and undercounting by the FSSP. These measurement errors have been traced to limitations imposed by the response time of the electronics, intensity inhomogeneities of the laser beam, and optical coincidence.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1990, Issue 1083 (January 1990)
- 9780803151413 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 11.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1990. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27989431