- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Because a sample must be representative to be of any value, the method of sampling is of major importance in testing and inspection. Much time and description is devoted to the details of test methods, but almost no exacting instructions have been prepared covering the correct procedure for securing representative samples. The reason for this deficiency is primarily that the conditions and situations involved in taking samples in the field are so varied that complete and detailed instructions would necessarily be too voluminous and complex. In this paper some of the conditions and situations are described and some general precautions stated. Equipment for sampling is discussed.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1956, Issue 169 (January 1956)
- 9780803156326 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 7.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1956. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27989745