Standardization Activities for Testing of Fire Resistant Fluids / J. Reichel
- Conference Author:
- Fire Resistance of Industrial Fluids (1995 : Indianapolis, IN)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (11 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Reichel, J., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The use of mineral oil as a hydraulic fluid in industrial plants, installations and equipment may create a problem, if exposure of the fluid to sources of iginition are possible. Many industrial processes require the use of hydraulic fluids that afford better fire safety than achievable with mineral oils. In proposals to the governments of the member states of the European Union (EU) fire-resistant fluids intended for use in underground mines must conform the ¿̐ưRequirements and Tests Applicable to Fire Resistant Hydraulic Fluids used for Power Transmission¿̐ư (7th Luxembourg Report, adopted by the Safety and Health Commission, March 3rd 1994). The immediate stimulus for this work, which spans a period of 35 years, was the disastrous fire which occurred in 1956 at the Bois du Cazier mine at Marcinelle in Belgium, resulting in 267 fatalities.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1996, Issue 1284 (January 1996)
- 9780803153387 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 4.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1996. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27989833