The Use of Falling Weight Deflectometer in Asphalt Pavement Construction Quality Control / SM. Zaghloul, NA. Saeed
- Conference Author:
- Quality Management of Hot Mix Asphalt (1995 : Norfolk, Virginia)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (16 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Zaghloul, SM., Saeed, NA., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Good quality control (QC) practices are essential to obtain satisfactory pavements. Typical QC tests for asphalt pavements include: asphalt content, mixture properties of laboratory samples, density, ¿̐ư, etc. Results of these tests are used to ensure that the constructed pavements comply to specifications. However, quality of compliance to specifications and quality performance are two different things and are not always directly related to each other. The ultimate goal of QC is to have high quality of performance. However, efforts are made to achieve this goal by using laboratory based specifications, which are empirically related to field performance.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1996, Issue 1299 (January 1996)
- 9780803153448 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 5.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1996. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27990056