Development and Application of the PRL Single-Pass Capillary Viscometer / E. Erwin Klaus, Francis M. Angeloni, Merrell R. Fenske
- Conference Author:
- Symposium on Non-Newtonian Viscometry (1960 : Washington, D. C.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (21 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Angeloni, Francis M.
Fenske, Merrell R.
Klaus, E. Erwin
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The design and construction of a versatile capillary high-shear viscometer is described. Use of nitrogen pressure as the driving force and of a single pass through the capillary completely eliminate all areas of nonstreamline flow from the viscometer. By using interchangeable capillaries and efflux bulbs, the viscometer has a temperature range of -65 to 300 F, a viscosity range of S to 1 million centipoises, and a rate-of-shear range of 1 to 1 million reciprocal seconds. The maximum shearing stress for the three capillaries described varies from 92,000 to 300,000 dynes per sq cm.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1962, Issue 299 (January 1962)
- 9780803159624 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 11.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1962. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 27990118